simplicity is the ultimate sophistication, Leonardo di Vinci

About Me

My photo
Design in all forms has always been my passion. favorite quotes: "One should either be a work of art or wear a work of art.” Oscar Wilde, "Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication" Leonardo di Vinci

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Quotations for an artist to follow:

"simplicity is the ultimate sophistication" ~ Leonardo di Vinci

I was reminded of this quote today and decided it should be added to my list of favorites which include:


"Less is more" ~ Mies van de Rohe

"I am always satisfied with the best" ~ Oscar Wilde ( I think that this does not necessarily mean the most expensive, just the best solution)

"Color is like food for the spirit- plus it’s not addictive or fattening" ~ Issac Mizrahi

"One should be a work of art or wear a work of art" ~ Oscar Wilde

~ As an artist these are words I try to live by. If you use the best materials with clarity of form, there is no reason to add unnecessary extras.

No comments:

Post a Comment