simplicity is the ultimate sophistication, Leonardo di Vinci

About Me

My photo
Design in all forms has always been my passion. favorite quotes: "One should either be a work of art or wear a work of art.” Oscar Wilde, "Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication" Leonardo di Vinci

Monday, February 8, 2010

dreams of sunny Italia


Why do all Venetian made beads look like something good enough to eat ?
Maybe it's because Italian life centers around food.


I realized when up -loading new items made from Venetian glass, that I always describe them in terms of fruit or other gastronomic terms . They're just luscious. The intense colors, the smooth texture. A pleasure for the senses.

Of course I do know that winter in Venice is also grim, gray and rainy, and very depressing, not sunny. But in my memories it's always sunny.

Or, maybe I'm just dreaming of warm climes and summer time fruit. After the second 2 foot snow in 2 months I'm looking for an escape.
And more snow is predicted!
It's not supposed to be like this in eastern Maryland.

Yes I'm trying to be inspired by my work , but it all seems to be reminding me of sunny Italia.

No comments:

Post a Comment